Friday, March 30, 2012
Thursday, March 29, 2012
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
Monday, March 26, 2012
Friday, March 23, 2012
Thursday, March 22, 2012
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
Monday, March 19, 2012
Original cover by Scott Rosema and Jorge Pacheco; Archie Comics 1997. Brad Campbell's website is here.
Friday, March 16, 2012
Thursday, March 15, 2012
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
Monday, March 12, 2012
Sunday, March 11, 2012
DC Chess Collection has asked me to participate in a contest they are putting on involving something that people who come to this blog should be familiar with, redrawing comic covers in your own style. Want to give it a shot? Here's what you do:
1. "Like" DC Chess Collection on Facebook.
2. Look at the column to the left that starts with "Wall". Keep going down until you see "Iconic Covers Competition". Click on that.
3. Here is where you will find the info you'll need. I'm having some trouble with some of the information not having room in the cell it's written in and not having a way to scroll down. I don't know if that is specific to my computer or a formatting issue with them. Make sure you find and read the terms and conditions. This is the nitty gritty of the rules and what to do.
4. Submit, peers vote through Facebook, a judging panel (featuring myself and some folks from DC) gets involved, and hopefully you will win.
5. The winner gets a custom figurine created by their sculptor. It can be you as a DC superhero, or it can be your own freaky superhero that you created on your own!
6. Here is the part that you may love the best. You can use a cover that you have already done for Covered. You can only submit one design though. Make it count!
BAD NEWS - The contest can only be entered by people living in the U.S., U.K. and Ireland. I'm not sure why this is, maybe because these are the only places where DC Chess magazine is available.
DEADLINE IS APRIL 7.
Posted by Robert Goodin at 9:04 PM