Saturday, July 16, 2011

San Diego Comic Con



























I thought I would take a short break from the covers for a little self promotion and provide the same for other Covered artists, regarding the nerd Mecca, Comic-Con.

I will not have a table this year, but I will be signing copies of Mome that I had stories in at Fantagraphics on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. The times have not yet been finalized, but when I know them, I'll post them here. I'll have some wood postcards, original art, and a print of those ducks you see above available for sale. Come on over and say hello.

On Friday night, I will also be a part of what should be an amazing event: TR!CKSTER and THE CRITERION COLLECTION present: A TRIBUTE TO THE FILMS OF AKIRA KUROSAWA. It will be held at Tr!ckster, a side show to Comic Con that focuses on creator owned comics. The work will be auctioned off and the proceeds will be going to the Japan Society Earthquake Relief Fund. Check out this line-up: Mike Allred, Scott C., Josh Cochran, Francesco Francavilla, Victor Kerlow, Ted Mathot, Scott Morse, Sho Murase, Yuko Shimizu, Bill Presing, Jim Rugg, Bill Sienkiewicz, Connor Willumsen, and myself. You can see my contribution above. It should be a great chance to pick up some amazing art for a good cause.

Any other Covered artists going and have something to promote? Let's see it in the comments section.

UPDATE: My signing schedule is: Thursday 2 pm -3 pm, Friday 6 pm - 7 pm, and Saturday 6 pm - 7 pm.
Looking at Fantagraphics's signing schedule, I see a lot of names that have appeared on Covered: Jon Vermilyea, Malachi Ward, Paul Hornschemeier, and Johnny Ryan. Check here for the full schedule. I hope to see you soon. I have a feeling that my signings will be the perfect location for agoraphobics to come and chill out.

5 comments:

  1. Good on ya Robert,

    And congratz in being the roster for the Japan Society Earthquake Relief Fund.

    CS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure what the ducks have on their heads but, fantastic cover.

    ReplyDelete